Recipe was created for Hofer Slovenia.
In the beginning of this summer I found a perfect spot with low-grown, blossoming on the fullest, apple tree branches and I thought to myself that I need to bake something apple related and come back to take photos.
Oh and I did exactly that!
In the recipe I used Cola drink to add special caramel flavour to the cake base. And although the recipe is not very summer oriented it is still such a great idea to make and served beside afternoon iced coffee or tea.
Enjoy the videoas well:
Apple Cola Cake
- Baking pan
For the batter
- 250 g flour
- 130 g sugar
- 130 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 150 ml Cola drink
For the apples
- 2 apples
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Peel the apples, cut them in half, pit them and cut them into thinner slices.
- In a large bowl, marinate the apples with cinnamon, sugar and melted butter.
- Mix all the cake ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking pan.
- Arrange the apple slices on top as desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.