Recipe was created in collaboration with Praznična magazine (autumnal issue 2022).
Who doesn’t love beautifully prepared charcuterie boards? I am sharing an idea for autumnal platter that you can make for the next gathering.
When you are planning to make a similar charcuterie board have in mind:
- For how many people is it and how big is the table (You don’t want to make it too big or too small, and you definetly don’t want a bunch of people leaning over each other and over the table, to get to the board.)
- Is there a vegan or a vegetarian among the guests (In this case make two separated platters, because these guests doesn’t like if cheese is right next to the meat and it has some of it’s taste or smell)
- Which seasonal ingredients I can find around (Seasonal is always a good idea, but some ingredients like tomatoes and fresh herbs are the evergreens.)
- Where will I serve it (Ceramic plate, wooden desk)
- What is my budget (If you don’t wan’t to spend too much, I suggest the rule of thirds, for example: one truffle cheese which is higher price range and two regular sorts of cheese. You get the idea.)
It all starts with a beautifully picked ingredients. Buy less, but those components should be better quality. You can combine the ones from the farmer’s market and from the store.
I like to prepare my colour palette in advance, like I did it here in the samples below. I had in mind warm autumn colours and I was thinking which ingredients would go along. And when I was strolling through the store I had my eyes open for any special products, either crackers (I like those with mixed seeds), breadsticks (I like the rustic ones), cheese ( I loved that yellow coloured Cheddar), …
I wanted to create small, colourful platter that feels like autumn. I hope you like it and that I encouraged you to try make one yourself.
If you find my tips helpful don’t forget to tag me.
Autumn charcuterie board
- Bread of choice, I suggest bread with seeds
- Hummus or spread as desired
- Cheese selection (Sheep's cheese, Cheese with truffles, Cheddar, Camember, Chili, …)
- Dry meat salami
- Cherry tomatoes
- Dried apricots
- Sage or rosemary
- Arrange the ingredients as nicely as possible on a wooden board and serve.
- Play with flavors, colors, shapes.
- Combine salty and sweet.
- Quick idea: pumpkin hummus is obtained by mixing a few spoons of pumpkin puree into the classic hummus and seasoning it a little more.