Incredible way to use ripe bananas and transform them into delicious fritters that everyone likes. Of course, the kids never eat bananas otherwise, but they barely leave any for me when I make these fritters. So what’s not to like? An irresistible offer is chunks of banana covered with a crispy coating and sprinkled with some cinnamon and sugar. There are so many flavours in one bite.
Banana fritters are best served in breakfast, brunches, or dessert with some ice cream. Moreover, it is also a healthy option for snacking. It is a simple recipe that is ready to serve within fifteen minutes. All you need is a handful of some good quality, ripe bananas. I add some shredded coconut to the batter because it gives the flavour a subtly sweet and nutty edge.
You can do a lot of variations with your fritters. Add maple syrup, chocolate, or any other ingredient that you like. There is no hard and fast rule, so you can innovate. However, simple fritters coated in sugar and cinnamon are delicious. They go perfectly well with coffee or tea.
The crispy, golden brown fritters are highly nutritious. Banana is an excellent source of potassium essential for muscle and bone health. Moreover, bananas are packed with nutrients and antioxidants. I like to serve my kids as snacks and sometimes for their lunchboxes.
- 1 pcs rice bananas
- 100 g sugars
- 120 g flour
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 10 g melted butter
- 750 ml oil for frying
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Peel and cut the bananas into smaller pieces.
- Smash bananas with a fork in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and mix with a mixer to form a smooth mixture.
- Add flour and coconut flour and mix further.
- Pour in the melted butter, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix until it becomes a homogeneous batter.
- Heat the oil at a high temperature.
- Using a spoon, take the batter and put it in the oil.
- Fry for a minute or until the golden brown color. While frying turn them around with a fork so that they are evenly browned.
- Sprinkle fritters with powdered sugar and serve.