Recipe was created in collaboration with Praznična magazine.
Easter is a time to get together with your friends and family to relish a delicious meal. It is my favourite time of the year as I get to make my famous spring Easter salad. Nothing compliments the Easter meal better than this fantastic salad. Fresh vegetables, fruit, and a flavorful dressing make this recipe the perfect side for your Easter feast.
It is a recipe that doesn’t take much time to put together. My speciality is the horseradish sauce that tastes outstanding with veggies and quail eggs. The blend of sour cream, lemon, and apples, along with the horseradish, brings a fresh flavour to the salad. Horseradish is loaded with nutritional value and is an excellent source of rich antioxidants. The quail eggs are a natural source of vitamin B12.
I created this recipe a while ago, when I wanted to experiment with the sides of Easter dinner. The conventional sides were not exciting me anymore. So, I sat down and thought of an exciting blend of ingredients that could genuinely enhance the taste of the main course instead of overshadowing it. When I tried this recipe for the first time, everyone loved it. It has all the correct elements; freshness, richness, and tanginess in perfect proportions. One of the elements that stand out in this recipe is edible flowers. Not only do they look beautiful, but they also add a distinct tang to the recipe.
Apart from the taste, this recipe is highly nutritious. It is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fibre. Without a doubt, it is a crowd-pleaser. Try this for your Easter dinner, and you will never make anything else for the side.
Spring Easter Salad
- 100 g mache lettuce
- 6 cooked quail eggs or 2 hard boiled eggs
- 80 g peas
- 1/3 Romanesco broccoli
- Fresh herbs
- Edible flowers
- Basic salad dressing by choice salt, pepper, olive oil, vinegar
- 100 g sour cream
- 25 g fresh grated horseradish
- 1/2 grated apple
- 1/2 lemon juice from fresh lemon
- Salt, pepper
- Wash all the vegetables and cook the young peas and romanesco in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Put all the vegetables for the salad together in a large bowl.
- Ad sliced eggs, herbs, edible flowers and the basic salad dressing.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients well.