Recipe was created for Hofer Slovenia.
You may not see many of grits recipes on the Internet. But I am sure once you will try this one, you will be as surprised as I was. This cake is one of the juiciest, perfectly refreshing and sweet of all times!
Recipe actually came out spontaneously, when I had quite some dinner leftovers of cooked milky grits (my kids eat it sprinkled with cocoa powder). I didn’t want it to go to waste, so I used cookie crumbs and fruits which I had around and I knew immediately that it is gonna be one amazing dessert. All that juice from cooked fruits slowly incorporating into the grits. Oh my!
Nicely chilled in the fridge and then served on a hot summer afternoon … mmm!
Salmon with Black Olive Tapenade
- 2 pcs salmon
- 100 g pitted Kalamata black olives
- 1/2 lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 4 slice lemon for decoration
- 2 pcs sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- pinch salt and pepper
- Rinse the salmon under water and dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- For the tapenade, mix all the above ingredients well in a chopper or with a stick mixer.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper and place the salmon on it, which is covered with tapenade. Place lemon slices on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees.