Recipe created in collaboration with Praznična magazine (summer 2022).
Even though it was moody spring day, when I was creating this summer recipe for the magazine, I felt such a sunny vibes on the table. And in my mouth as well.
I combined all the good stuff (I always say that haha. Because it is.). The fish has to be fresh and first quality, that is for sure, but it is the butter sauce that uplifts basic fish flavour into the summer story on a plate.
I’m personally not such fan of all kinds of sea food and it’s very particular taste, that is why this recipe works perfect for me. The taste of the fish is gentle and the butter sauce makes the whole dish more like Mediterranean French style.
What I discovered was fried lavender blossoms (I swear I never saw this anywhere. Ever.). I was thinking how the lavender taste could be very too lavenderish and I tried to fry the blossoms by the fish. I don’t know, but the taste was somehow so different. I would say floral, but not. I would say sweet but not so sure. Under the line … unique and amazing!
I think you should try the recipe yourself and help me find the right word to describe the lavender butter sauce.
Fillet of rainbow trout with lavender butter sauce
- 2 rainbow trout fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil for the pan
- 4 lemon slices for decoration
Butter lavender auce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 fried Spanish lavender blossoms
- 2 pinch salt
- 1 pinch coarsely ground pepper
- Rinse the fish fillet under cold water and dry with a paper towel.
- In a skillet, over high heat, fry the fish fillet, skin side down, for about 1 minute and then another 30 seconds on the other side (applies to a thinner fillet).
- In addition to fish, we fry lavender worlds in oil to darken them.
- In another pan, melt the butter, add the garlic cloves, salt and pepper, the fried lavender flowers and the parsley. Let the flavors soak through.
- Meanwhile, place the fish fillet on a plate, drizzle with lemon and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Then pour over the butter sauce.