Recipe was created in collaboration with Fenitas.nlJump to Recipe
Spring is the perfect time to relax on your patio, looking at romantic blooming flowers and sipping on a cup of delightful pink Whipped Dalgona coffee.
If you’re looking for a new twist on this former TikTok trend, this is the recipe you should try.
What is Dalgona coffee
Dalgona coffee is a whipped coffee drink that originated in South Korea.
I am sure you remember this drink which was the biggest trend of 2020. The entire world went into the lockdown-mode and this trendy dalgona coffee has taken social media by storm.
Yes, of course, I followed the hype as well and there’s a good reason for that:
- It is delicious, hot or cold
- It is very easy to make
- It looks fantastic and totally fancy
Dalgona coffee ingredients
To make Pink whipped dalgona coffee, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients:
- instant coffee – no matter wich brand you choose, make sure your coffee is instant and not ground type. I’ve seen some people making Dalgona coffee with espresso as well, but I haven’t tired it yet. Let me know your tips about the choice of coffee!
- beetroot powder – since the regular recipe is already a passé, I gave it a little bit of a beauty makeover and mixed the warm milk for the coffee with luscious beetroot powder. It gives this whipped coffe a slightly sweeter and earthy taste. Not to even mention the romantic and femminine color. Oh, so gorgeous!
- sugar – if you’re avoiding the sugar and you’re about to ask me ‘can I make whipped coffee without sugar’, I’m gonna save your time and tell you ‘No, dear. Don’t do it.’ Sugar, whipped with the instant coffee is what makes this Dalgon coffee so foamy, creamy and… well trendy.
- hot water – oh yes, this is a must. Instant coffee won’t delute if you’ll whip it with cold water. Making this mistake would amke this coffee grutty and clumpy which is never a desired outcome 😊.
- milk– feel free to use any type of milk you prefmade this coffee with unsweetened oat milk, since the coffee is already sweetened enought with other ingredients.
Beetroot latte powder
This Pink Dalgona coffee recipe was inspired by the original recipe and also by my newest collaboration with Fenitas.nl .
When I opened their kindly gifted package, the bag of magenta colored beetroot powder was the first item that popped into my eyes. I knew I need to use it first!
The taste and the color of beet powder gives this Dalgona coffee blushing pink color and it makes it undeniably attractive, romantic and healthier.
Beetroot powder and it’s benefits
Beetroot powder is a oh-so trendy and wonderfully versatile superfood.
It is a true hero in a healthy diet:
- It’s rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals
- It can be mixed with milk or a dairy-free alternative to create a creamy and flavorful beverage
- It helps you to get in your daily veggie intake without even trying too hard
- It makes food look utterly fantastic
Where to buy Beetroot powder
Check this link at Fenitas.nl website. Their offer of all-natural superfood powders is impecable and the quality of their organic products is beyond compare.
Make sure you’ll use my discount code KRISTINA10 to save some coins for more food 😊.
How to make Dalgona coffee at home
The ingredient ratio for dalgona coffee
The drink is made by whipping together equal parts of instant coffee, sugar, and hot water until it becomes light and fluffy.
Don’t try to skip the sugar, since it is crucial for whipping this mixture into a smooth and thick foam which is signature for Dalgona coffee.
How to whip dalgona coffee
Don’t worry, this trendy coffee can be easily whipped with the right tool in just a few minutes. Goodbye Starbucks, hello best homemade iced coffee.
You can use one of these tools:
- a hand mixer,
- immersion blender with whisk or
- milk frothing wand.
The goal is to whip the coffee, with the sugar and hot water, into a soft but firm peaks.
Turn up your favorite song while doing this, since this foaming process will take around 3-5 minutes.but if you’re doing it by hand with a whisk, it will likely take more like 5-8 minutes.
How to serve whipped coffee
The whipped coffee mixture is spooned over the warm beetroot milk, which created a signature layered effect.
Dalgona iced Coffee
Sunny and hot afternoons are calling you to take a break in your backyard with a glass of
Dalgona whipped iced coffee.
Oh yum, imagine adding a handful of ice cubes, along with a scoop of your favorite ice cream in a glass, for an extra indulgent treat.
I suggest you combining this with Strawberry or Vanilla ice cream.
Be aware that this is a very sweet ice coffee treat, since this beverage is already sweetened with sugar and beetroot powder.
Best whipped coffee tricks
Eventhough this beverage is easy-peasy to make, things can go awfully wrong.
Why is my dalgona coffee not whipping?
This problem will always occurs is you’re not following the equal parts instant coffee, sugar, and hot water.
The second reason for that might be the type of coffee you’re using.
Make sure you got yourself the instant coffee, since the ordinary ground coffee isn’t the right choice for this type of coffee.
Trouble shooting: add a pinch of cream of tartar to the mixture to help stabilize it or put it in a freezer for 15 minutes before you continue with the whipping.
Why isn’t my whipped coffee thick?
The two most commont reasons for that problem are:
- not enough sugar or
- not enough whipping time.
Make sure you don’t skip the sugar and be patient with the whipping.
Foam gets more stable with the longer whipping time and it won’t deflate once you spoon it over the warm milk.
So, what are you waiting for?
Whip up a glass of whipped dalgona coffee and enjoy a relaxing spring day with a delicious drink in hand. Bonus points if you take a picture, share it on your social media and tag me @storyonaplate_kristinasmodila.
Whether you’re sipping on a hot or iced version, this drink is sure to satisfy your caffeine cravings and help you romanticize your day.
Pink Dalgona coffee recipe
- 1 hand mixer or coffee frothing wand
- 2 glasses
- 1 spoon
- 1 small sauce pan
- 400 ml unsweetened oat milk
- 1 tbsp Fenita.nl beetroot powder
- 2 tbsp Nescafe instant coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- Start by whipping the instant coffee, with the sugar and hot water into a soft but firm peaks. Whip for about 3-5 minutes, until the foam is really thick-
- In a small small sauce pan mix the milk with the beetroot powder. Stir continioustly while warming up the milk.
- Pour the warm beetroot milk into the glasses and top them with whipped coffee.Spoon over the coffee foam over the warm beetroot milk, which creates a signature layered effect.