Are you looking for a yummy summer dessert that’s easy to make and bursting with flavor?
Well, my friend, these No-bake blueberry cheesecake bars with Polenta crust are a seasonal must-try recipe.Jump to Recipe
With a juicy and smooth blueberry cheesecake filling and a crunchy polenta crust, these bars are the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
Oh and they get extra points because these are a no-bake type dessert!
Blueberry cheesecake bars with polenta crust
Have you ever tried to incorporate polenta in your desserts. Just like Italians do?
If you haven’t done that yet, you’re missing out
and I’m more than happy to change that for you with the help of this recipe.
Polenta is a fantastic and versatile ingredient, which is usually used in simple savory dishes.
But hey, if Italian nonnas are making a cake with it,
I’m following them by using it in the crust for my Blueberry cheesecake bars.
Ah, Italians are masters of delicious living and there’s no point to deny it 😊.
No bake Blueberry cheesecake bars ingredients
To make these cheesecake bars, you’ll need the following ingredients:
Blueberries: I used frozen blueberries fort his recipe, but feel free to use fresh ones.
Polenta: I used instant polenta, which cooks fast and has creamy texutre.
Oat milk: my favorite type of milk for baking because of its’ neutral taste.
It reminds me of cow’s milk but has no bad effects on my digestion.
Whipping cream: make sure you chill the cream long enought before whipping. Oh and don’t forget to whip it in a big clean bowl.
Greek yogurt: gives the signature creaminess and tangy flavor to this dessert.
Powedered sugar: the sweetener of my choice for these cheesecake bars is powdered sugar. The biggest reason it the fact it help the cream to firm up fast.
Honey: is used to sweetned the cooked polenta and juicy blueberry sauce. I love how warmed honey brings the floral notes to the dessert.
How to make easy no bake blueberry cheesecake bars
The crust is actually made with cooked polenta and requires no special equipment.
- Start with pouring the oat milk in the saucepan and bring it to the boil.
Using a whisk, first mix in the honey and then slowly add the polenta.
- Mix for about 3 minutes on a low heat.
Line the baking tray with the baking paper and pour the hot cooked polenta into the pan.
- To prepare the blueberry sauce, cook the frozen blueberries in a pan until they soften.
- Add the honey to the blueberries and blend them with a stick blender
until you achieve the desired smoothness.
- Pour the hot sauce in a shallow place, so it cools faster.
- Start with soaking the gelatin sheets in cold water and set them aside.
- Whip the whip cream until it forms firm peaks.
- In a separate bowl, mix Greek yogurt, whipped cream, powdered sugar
and a blueberry sauce with a whisk.
- In a small saucepan dissolve the gelatin sheets over a medium heat.
Make sure you drain it well beforehand.
- Slowly pour the melted gelatin into the cheesecake mixture,
stirring all the time with a whisk so that to avoid clumps.
How to assemble cheesecake
- Spread the blueberry cheesecake mixture over the completely cooled polenta layer.
- Cool everything in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Serve with fresh fruit like blueberries or strawberries.
How do you keep a no-bake cheesecake firm?
To get cheesecake filling to firm up completely,
it needs to be refrigerated for a minimum of 6 to 8 hours.
If you skip this step, the texture of the cheesecake will be more like mousse
and that’s gonna make it impossible to cut in the nicely shaped bars.
If you’re in a hurry, I suggest you to place the cheesecake in the freezer.
That way it’ll firm up way faster.
Just make sure you cover it with plastic foil before you place it in the freezer.
Keep it there for maximum 2 hours.
How to clean cut cheesecake bars
So many people are having torubles with getting clean cut cheesecake bars.
I have a very simple tricky for you up my sleeve that will help you
with getting picture perfect cheesecake slices every time.
- Dip a sharp knife into a tall glass or a jug, filled with hot water.
- Dry the knife quickly with a tea towel.
- Use the hot knife to cut tarts, slices and cheesecakes.
- Rinse the knife after a few cuts and repeat first two steps before you continue with slicing.
Tips for perfect no-bake cheesecake
- You can use fresh or frozen blueberries to make the blueberry sauce.
- Make sure to chill the crust and cheesecake layer before adding the blueberry topping.
- If you want a firmer cheesecake layer, add a few spoons
of the cream cheese into the creamy layer.
- These No Bake Blueberry and Polenta Cheesecake Bars are a delicious
and easy no-bake dessert that everyone will love. Give them a try and see for yourself!
More no bake desserts
No bake Blueberry Cheesecake bars with Polenta crust
- 1 big mixing bowl for cheesecake filling
- 1 medium bowl for dissolving gelatine
- 2 small sauce pans for cooking polenta and blueberry sauce
- 1 hand mixer
- 1 large shallow plate
- 1 Rubber spatula
- 1 medium square or rectangle pan
- 1 sheet of baking paper
For the polenta crust
- 300 g instant polenta
- 600 ml oat milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 100 g frozen Blueberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 200 g Greek yogurt full fat
- 250 ml whipping cream full fat
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 9 pcs gelatine sheets soaked in cold water
- 10 pcs fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Prepare the crust
- Start with pouring the oat milk in the saucepan and bring it to the boil.Using a whisk, first mix in the honey and then slowly add the polenta.Mix for about 3 minutes on a low heat.
- Line the baking tray with the baking paper and pour the hot polenta into the pan. Set aside to cool completely.
Prepare the Blueberry sauce
- To prepare the blueberry sauce, cook the frozen blueberries in a pan until they soften.Add the honey to the blueberries and blend them with a stick blenderuntil you achieve the desired smoothness.
- Pour the hot sauce into a shallow plate, so it cools faster.
Soak up the Gelatine
- Start with soaking the gelatin sheets in cold water for 5 minutes. In the meantime prepare the cheesecake layer.
Make the cheesecake layer
- Whip the whiping cream with an electric hand mixer until it forms firm peaks.In a separate bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, whipped cream, powdered sugar and a blueberry sauce with a whisk.
- In a small saucepan dissolve the gelatin sheets over a medium heat.Make sure you drain it well beforehand.Slowly pour the melted gelatin into the cheesecake mixture, stirring all the time with a whisk so that to avoid clumps.
Assemble the cheesecake
- Spread the blueberry cheesecake mixture over the completely cooled polenta layer. Cool everything in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.Serve with fresh fruit like blueberries or strawberries.