Oregano breadsticks are a fantastic snack and complement soups as well. A slight twist can make such a big difference to the typical breadsticks. It is a delicious recipe that is everyone’s favourite. These breadsticks are vegan and nut-free. You can simply enjoy these on your own or with a dip, soup, yoghurt.
It is a good snack for the kids and a remarkably satisfying munching item. You can serve them with soups and even set a platter with various dips alongside these breadsticks. Also, it is a popular component of salads. You can find breadsticks in bakeries and supermarkets, but it floods, making it at home because I see my variation the best. I use semolina in the dough, which brings a unique flavour to the typical breadsticks. Moreover, it enhances the crunchiness as well.
This recipe is simple and easy to make. The subtle flavour of herbs, especially oregano, makes the breadsticks even more delightful. Oregano has a distinct earthy and peppery taste, giving an exciting twist to the recipe. Interestingly, oregano is a natural antibiotic, antioxidant, and an excellent vitamin K, E source.
Originally, breadsticks were invented in Italy, but there have been many variations. The shape of these breadsticks is my favourite. They look appetizing, and nobody can refuse freshly baked crispy oregano breadsticks.
Oregano Bread Sticks
- 120 g all-purpose flour
- 120 g g Semolina
- 1 pcs egg
- 7 g dry yeast
- 60 ml milk
- 20 g butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs oregano, thyme, parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Warm the milk and melt the butter and sugar in it.
- Put white flour, yeast, egg and salt in a large bowl and mix well with a hand mixer. Set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of water to the milk mixture and stir further.
- Combine dry and wet mixtures.
- Add fresh and dried oregano. Mix well.
- Form the dough into a loaf and leave it to rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Cut the rised dough into smaller pieces and roll it into thin roll with your hands.
- Use two long rolls and twist them into a braid. Make sure the ends are well sticked together.
- Put sticks carefully to the baking paper. Bake 25 minutes / 180 degrees.