Recipe was created for Hofer Slovenia.
If you love to show extra love to your special soul mate andebrate the Valentine’s day in style, then this Valentine’s heart-shaped waffles recipe is perfect for you. Served with smooth vanilla sauce and luscious Raspberries, these are created for pampering and saying ‘I love you’ with food.Jump to Recipe
The best classic waffles recipe
Waffles are a golden classic breakfast choice for many people. We love them for their versatility and endless topping options. I mean, who doesn’t love a good warm waffle with golden crisp on the outside and a heavenly fluffy texture on the inside?
Oh, they also deserve extra points for simplicity of preparation and popularity among children.
What makes this recipe called ‘the best’ is incorporating three secret ingredients: creamy Greek yogurt, fragrant vanilla paste and fresh lemon zest. I tested and served many waffles in my waffle-making career and these were voted as the family’s favorite. And neighbour’s. And girlfriend’s.
A winner waffle recipe!
I took the classic waffle recipe and elevated it into a decadent dessert for Valentines’ day. What’s a better way to celebrate this sweet day than with a romantic and indulgent dessert?!
Imagine the look on your lover’s face when you’ll serve these decadent and beautifully styled Valentines’ waffles with Raspberries and vanilla sauce. Sweet as the first kiss!
What’s in these Valentine’s day waffles?
These waffles are incredibly easy to make and you probably already have the majority of the ingredients to make them right now. You’ll probably need to make a quick trip to the grocery store to get ingredients for the rich vanilla sauce and fruity toppings.
Here is a list of ingredients for these romantic waffles:
- Melted butter
- Full-fat Greek-style yogurt
- All-purpose flour
- Vanilla paste
- Lemon zest
- Baking powder
Where to buy a heart-shaped waffle maker?
Heart-shaped waffles are incredibly cute and their shape is what makes them so attractive and special.
There are two options for you to get your waffle batter baked into tasty waffle hearts:
1. You can bake these waffles in a special Heart-shaped waffle maker. You can buy this affordable kitchen gadget with a click on THIS link.
If you just want to try the recipe with no intentions to make waffles in a shape of a heart, you’ll be fine with using the regular waffle maker. Check out my favorite classic waffle maker HERE.
2. You can bake these Heart-shaped waffles in the oven, using THIS cute Silicon baking mold. Opting for this baking gadget will add up some baking time, but it’s a great option too.
How to make heart-shaped waffles
1. In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar with a hand mixer at high speed, until the mixture is doubled in volume and pastel yellow.
3. Lower the speed of the mixer and gradually add melted butter and Greek yogurt.
4. Gradually incorporate the flour. Finish with adding vanilla paste and lemon zest.
5. Pour the batter into a hot, oiled waffle maker and bake for 10 minutes.
6. If you’re baking waffles in the oven, pour the batter into the silicone mold and bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
7. While the waffles are baking, prepare the vanilla sauce. Check the recipe card to get the recipe for Homemade Vanilla sauce.
Valentine’s waffle toppings
This recipe calls for fresh Raspberry jam, decadent homemade vanilla sauce and lyophilized raspberries. This is a beloved combination and gives the dessert the perfect balance of sweetness and fruity zest. Check the recipe card to learn how to make vanilla sauce at home.
The ingredient list for waffle toppings:
- egg yolks
- full-fat milk
- double cream
- vanilla flavored sugar
- Raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries
- Lyophilized raspberries (optional)
How to keep waffles warm
This waffle recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled. To keep baked waffles warm, while you are making more than just one batch, simply place them in a warm oven. Preheat the oven to 110°C (225°F) and place baked waffles on a baking pan to stay warm while you’re making the remaining waffles.
*This blog post includes affiliate links.
- Waffle maker or
- Silicon Waffle Mold
- 1 eggs
- 60 g sugar
- 50 g melted butter slightly cooled
- 150 g Greek yogurt
- 120 g flour all-purpose
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 125 ml milk
- 125 ml double cream
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- raspberry marmelade best homemade
- fresh raspberries
- 1 pinch freeze-dried raspberry powder (optional) lyophilizate raspberryes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat the eggs with sugar to get a light yellow foamy mixture.
- While constantly mixing with a mixer, add the cooled melted butter, then the Greek yogurt.
- Slowly stir in the flour.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla paste, lemon peel, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- If you are baking waffles in the oven, pour the mixture into molds and bake for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees. You can also use faster version with a waffle maker.
- While the waffles are baking, prepare the vanilla sauce.
- Heat the milk and cream until boiling in a saucepan.
- Quickly beat 3 egg yolks with vanilla sugar and add a few spoonfuls of boiling milk.
- Mix everything well and stir the yolk mixture back into the milk and cream with a whisk.
- Stir at reduced temperature for another 2-3 minutes.
- Place vanilla sauce in a nice serving bowl.
- Put a little vanilla sauce on freshly baked waffles and a spoonful of marmalade. Garnish with fresh raspberries, sprinkle with freeze-dried raspberries and powdered sugar.